Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Peek Inside Across Their Universe for September...

"...I HAVE BEEN A FAN of the Fab Four for about five or six years. I am an avid listener of the oldies station here in St. Louis, KLOU-FM. The main reason I started listening to the Beatles' music and collecting memorabilia is because a friend of mine taped one of her CDs for me right after I broke up with one of my ex-boyfriends. I was hoping that we could work it out, but I guess that wasn't the case. One of the songs on the tape was "We Can Work It Out," and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

I later saw the movie A Hard Day's Night, which inspired me to go out and buy the CD, and then later, I saw Help!, and then came Magical Mystery Tour, and finally, the animated Yellow Submarine. I just had to get their music.

I will be honest and say that, as a musician myself, Paul McCartney -- my favorite Beatle -- inspired me with his music and lyrics, so whenever I write a song, it sounds like something that he would have written, plus it has the general sound of his music. I love the sounds of the '60s, there's no denying that.

After I began collecting their music, my grandfather died. I heard the song "Let It Be," and that helped me out quite a bit. And to this day, that is my all time favorite song, not to mention my motto in life. Everything that happens, no matter how bad or how good, happens for a reason, so I have to just "let it be."

My apartment looks like a shrine to the Beatles. I have over thirty posters, all on my walls -- including one in the bathroom -- and some are posters of the album covers, while others are just regular poses of them. My favorite poster has got to be the cover of Beatles For Sale. It just looks so wonderful!" -- Wanita Chaffin, St. Louis, MO

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails