Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Peek inside Across Their Universe for March....

"...Back in the late '60s, early '70s, I was hitch-hiking around the United States and Canada, and ended up at one point in Toronto. These were the hippie days, and we went to the heart of the artist district to look for someone to put us up for the night. Two girls befriended us and took us home to their apartment. That night one of the girls went a little nuts.

When she heard that I was a Lennon freak like her, she insisted that my initials meant I was Jesus Christ and that I was sent to her for some reason. I just wanted to get the hell out of there!

As I was leaving, she handed me these small instamatic photographs of the Beatles that she said her friend had personally taken when the Beatles visited Toronto or Montreal, I can't remember which. I told her I couldn't take such an important gift, but she insisted. She said at that time that she did not know if the negatives survived and I would doubt that they do to this day." -- Jim Ciminera, Montreal, Canada

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails